Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Game Table: Construction Begins

So I had this dismantled tv cabinet in my garage and I figured I could make a halfway decent table with it so after some google image searches I found this picture:

I liked the idea of having shelves underneath the table to store terrain and stuff so all that wouldn't clutter up my normal shelves.

Still need to cut the shelves so I can finish the base. I'll probably screw some planks on the inside section to stop things from being pushed too far and falling off the shelves into the center. While I was at Home Depot getting the 4' squares for the top and base I found these printed foam floor tiles that looked pretty good for an alien desert planet kind of texture.
The pack was only $18 and it makes a 4' square, I wonder why any of the companies that make wargame mats don't make foam tiles like this? Way better than paying $50+ for a pvc/mousepad mat. Portable, affordable, and if you buy another pack you could make a 4'x6' or 4'x8' in seconds, just connect the tiles.

Update: Jan 27, 2017
 Almost, done this is how it looks right now. I was going to but a base on the bottom but after a couple days  of having just 1 4'x'4 section on top it began to warp at the corners so now I'm going to double it up or use the 1" strips at the bottom left of the pic to build diagonal supports underneath the corners, screwed into the legs.

Here's a bonus pic of my board game/ miniatures collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment